NSC Audit ReminderFebruary 4, 2021 10:48 am
For any carrier which was given an exemption to complete a NSC audit till the end of Q2 please ensure that you have this booked as per this updated policy.
To monitor carriers for compliance to applicable highway safety regulations covered by the National Safety Code (NSC). The COR program shows that the employer’s health and safety management system has been evaluated by a certified auditor and meets provincial standards. These standards are established by Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
To ensure members are conducting required NSC & COR audits and submitting the full audit documents into the SMMP.
- NSC AUDIT FOR PIC CARRIERS
- Carrier members commit to have a NSC audit every three years. A carrier must score less than 10% in total violations.
- All carrier members will be required to upload their full NSC audits to the Safety Matrix Measurement Portal (SMMP) upon receipt of the approved audit package.
- NSC audit scores are subject to the benchmark requirements within the program. Refer to AMTA-PIC-IG-02 Benchmarks and Intervention
- COR AUDIT FOR PIC CARRIERS
- Carrier members commit to maintaining a valid COR, submitting a certifying audit every three years and participate in the Partnerships in Injury Reduction (PIR) program. A carrier must score no less than 80% on certifying audits.
- All carrier members will be required to upload their full certifying COR audit document to the Safety Matrix Measurement Portal (SMMP)
- Carriers audit status will be reviewed by the PIC QA annually via WCB to ensure required maintenance audits are conducted.
NSC & COR audit scores are subject to the benchmark requirements within the program. Refer to AMTA-PIC-IG-02 Benchmarks and Interventions